The Faculty of Business and Law has a large range of international partnerships, allowing our students to experience a truly global business education.
Semester or year-long exchange programs, short-term courses, study tours or international internships are just some of the opportunities available to Faculty of Business and Law students.
Research studies have shown that international experiences lead to increased creativity, problem-solving and entrepreneurial skills – all attributes that are highly valued in the workplace and translate into more employment opportunities.
Short term global experiences
Find out more about short courses and study tours offered by the Faculty of Business and Law
Semester long exchange
Spend a semester studying abroad at one of Curtin’s partner universities.
Undertake an internship or work experience overseas, whilst gaining credit towards your degree.
What’s the difference between student exchange and study abroad?
Undertaking a student exchange involves studying overseas at one of Curtin’s many partner institutions, remaining enrolled into Curtin units whilst abroad. Students who undertake exchange pay their tuition to Curtin, while undertaking units internationally.
Students completing a study abroad program are hosted by international institutions which Curtin does not currently hold a formal exchange partnership with.
If you’re thinking of an international experience, here are some tips to help you prepare:
- Check the closing dates for the program you’re interested in
- Have an idea of the costs involved, and create a budget
- Research visa requirements before applying
- Ensure you have submitted all forms required to be nominated for your program, including matching your units.
- Attend your Faculty pre-departure session and/or complete any pre-departure modules required
- Sign up to DFAT’s Smartraveller before you go (Australian Citizens)
Thinking about heading overseas for an international experience?
Follow the link to learn more about current opportunities and register your interest, or contact the Student Engagement team to find out more about current opportunities: ExperienceCBS@curtin.edu.au