The FBL Student Engagement team run a range of workshops for students at different stages in their studies.
Kick off your university experience! This workshop has been tailored to new FBL students to give you the basics of uni life (from demystifying jargon through to how to balance life and study) and the opportunity to make some new friends in this super interactive live webinar!
- Meet like-minded peers and form meaningful relationships
- Undertake self-reflection to understand your goals and plans for University
- Learn about key student services to help you in your journey
- Set aside time to plan our your first Semester in detail
- Have the opportunity to ask any questions about uni life, big or small!
Undergraduate Sessions: 31 July, 11, 12 and 13 August
Postgraduate Session: 14 August
Design Your Degree: Choose Your Major
Unsure about your study plan? This workshop will help you clarify which study areas best suit your overall career goals and step you through the different options available to you so you can elect your major. This workshop has been specifically created alongside the Curtin Careers and Employment Team with feedback from industry, staff and First Year and Early Degree students, as well as elements from our successful Stanford Life Design curriculum.
- Find out about your study options for your degree and get your head around study jargon
- Work out which majors and specialisations may be best suited to you
- Learn how to make good decisions when it comes to your degree and career
- Begin to plan the extra and co-curricular activities that will support your future career goals
Dates: 19, 21 and 25 August
Design Your Curtin Experience
Join a committed group of students from across the uni in this three-part Life Design intensive and learn design thinking principles to help you navigate your university life. Based on the Stanford University curricula, this exclusive workshop is hosted by the FBL Student Engagement Team and the Curtin Careers & Leadership Team.
- Explore design thinking principles, mindsets and tools
- Reflect and re-frame your university goals and beyond
- Make friendships and collaborate with peers through live webinars
- Begin to plan out how you might maximise your university experience
Dates: Week 5 (TBC)