The CTC is a friendly, student-run clinic where you will receive advice from Curtin taxation students under the supervision of experienced tax practitioners. As a student run clinic, the CTC may be able to assist when:
- You need some advice regarding a tax matter;
- You are uncertain of how to respond to a notice from the ATO;
- You require assistance with your tax affairs such as:
- meeting reporting or filing requirements;
- applying for remissions of penalties;
- negotiating a payment plan with the ATO; or
- assistance with computing tax liability.
- You are dissatisfied with an assessment and want to know what your rights are;
- You have an on-going issue with the ATO; or
- You need some assistance in understanding how to complete your taxation return.
If you are experiencing any of the issues above, or want to know if we can assist you on another matter not listed above, please contact us.
Applying for assistance
Click the link below to apply for assistance. Alternatively, please contact us directly if you would like to discuss your matter with one of our skilled student volunteers.
Curtin Tax Clinic video series
The Curtin Tax Clinic has produced a series of videos that will guide viewers through the fundamentals of the Australian taxation system and provide practical, easy to understand examples and illustrations of common taxation scenarios. You can view the first video of the series below, and view the rest on the Curtin Tax Clinic’s playlist on Youtube.