What we do
- Provide legal advice and assistance to eligible small businesses
- Students are supervised by qualified and experienced legal practitioners
- Advice is prepared by final-year law students and then reviewed by a legal practitioner
- The John Curtin Law Clinic is part of the Curtin University Law School
Some of the things we can help with are:
- Identifying your legal options
- Filling out court forms
- Legal research
We have limited resources and we will not be able to assist with all requests for legal advice. If we cannot help you, we may be able to refer you to another organisation that can.
Hours of operation
- We are open during University teaching periods. Outside of teaching periods, existing clients will continue to receive assistance however we will not be able to take on new clients
- Interviews are by appointment only
- To make an appointment, please submit an application form
- We are conveniently based in the Perth CBD
What we don’t do
The Law Clinic does not provide representation services. This means that we do not go to court for clients or send correspondence for you. If you need help with representation, please let us know. We may be able to refer you to other organisations that can assist you.
We DO NOT act in the following areas of law:
- Medical negligence
- Wills and estates
- Patent or trademark registration
- Personal injuries
- Workers’ compensation
Appointments are available Monday to Thursday (9:30am to 11:30am) during University teaching periods.