- Small business disputes advice: we assist small businesses based in Western Australia with legal issues involving lease agreements, franchise agreements, contracts, and consumer law matters. Some of the things we can assist with include: identifying legal options; carrying out legal research; and preparing court documents.
- Discrimination law advice: we assist eligible individuals living in Western Australia who have been the victim of unlawful discrimination. We can provide advice; assistance in drafting Commission, Court or Tribunal documents; and, in limited cases, assistance with proceedings.
- Social enterprise: The John Curtin Law Clinic also places students with Curtin Link – an advice service for start-up not-for-profit organisations and businesses with a social enterprise focus.
We aim to fulfil our mission of enhancing the education of Curtin law students and improving access to justice by:
- Creating opportunities for students to engage in professional activities and develop professional skills in a supervised, clinical legal education environment;
- Providing assistance to vulnerable clients who would not otherwise be able to access legal services; and
- Encouraging students to critically reflect on their roles and responsibilities as future members of the legal profession, including in relation to access to justice.