Two-Day MBA Experience
Learn cutting-edge business ideas and gain industry insights, normally reserved for students studying Curtin’s Master of Business Administration.
You’ll attend 10, one-hour sessions, over two days, on a variety of evidence-based topics, presented by expert researchers and industry professionals.
The topics include talent management in the modern workplace, the state of innovation in Australia, and how to lead high-performing teams.
These sessions will be fast-paced and interactive. They are ideal for professionals seeking to progress into general management or those who are seeking to upskill in an ever changing business environment. You’ll benefit from up-to-date knowledge across a range of areas including finance, management, marketing and human resources.
This program features a line-up of Curtin academics who are industry experts in their field and have global business experience:
- Associate Professor Steve McKenna
- Associate Professor Jeremy Galbreath
- Professor Rachel Ong ViforJ
- Professor Fran Ackermann
- Dr Garry Claxton
- Dr Eileen Aitken-Fox
- Dr Dorothy Wardale
- Dr Mingming Cheng
- Associate Professor Anna Lee Rowe
- Associate Professor Patrick Dunlop
- 9–9.15am: Welcome – Associate Professor Steve McKenna
- 9.15–10.15am: The talent ecosystem – Associate Professor Steve McKenna – Learn how to build a workplace talent system that sees talent as a collective enterprise.
- 10.15–11.15am: Innovation in Australia – Associate Professor Jeremy Galbreath – Gain insight into how organisations can lift their innovation capacity.
- 11.15am–12.15pm: Economics and property – Professor Rachel Ong ViforJ – Discover how economic tools can explain links between business cycles and property market cycles in Australia.
- 12.15–1pm: Lunch
- 1–2pm: Decision making in today’s world – Professor Fran Ackermann – Learn how to make complex decisions in challenging work environments.
- 2–3pm: Law for executives – Dr Garry Claxton – Interpret relevant business laws correctly from your management position.
- 3–4pm: Negotiations in the workplace – Dr Eileen Aitken-Fox – Explore new approaches to negotiation and having ‘difficult’ conversations in the workplace.
- 9–10am: Leading high-performing teams – Dr Dorothy Wardale – Explore the characteristics of effective teams, how to maximise performance and overcome dysfunction.
- 10–11am: Digital analytics – Dr Mingming Cheng – See how social media analytics generate insights into consumer behaviour and inform digital marketing strategies.
- 11–11.30am: Morning tea
- 11.30am–12.30pm: Sustainability and accounting – Associate Professor Anna Lee Rowe – How do sustainability and environmental, social and governance factors contribute to long-term financial performance?
- 12.30–1.30pm: Recruiting the best staff – Associate Professor Patrick Dunlop – Learn how big data and machine learning is impacting recruitment.
- 1.30–3pm: Close: networking and refreshments
Date: Revised dates for this program will be confirmed in the near future
Where: Curtin Graduate School of Business, 78 Murray Street, Perth Western Australia 6000 (map)
Cost: $595 for general public or $545 for Curtin staff, alumni and current students
Please note all MBA applicants must meet the admission criteria.