Strategic and systemic project management
Part of the Project Management Masterclass Series
“The future of project management is increasingly strategic”
(KPMG, AIPM IPMA report: The Future of Project Management Global Outlook 2019)
This assertion is based on a global survey which also highlighted the significance of moving beyond technical project management skills with a clear focus on the need to develop skills to handle complex and dynamic environments. This masterclass provide delegates with frameworks and techniques enabling a strategic and systemic approach to project management. You’ll explore how to a) identify and align objectives within and across organisations, and b) leverage competitive advantage through modelling the distinctive competences and assets within the organisation.
Led by Dr Francis Norman and Professor Fran Ackermann, this program will cover contemporary project delivery models such as partnerships and multiple execution centres. You’ll gain an understanding of how these different models impact project planning and execution. Through the workshop you will gain greater understanding of the roles of different parties in the successful delivery of modern complex projects.
Date Wednesday 4 August
Time: 9am – 4.30pm
Location: Curtin 137 St Georges Terrace, Perth WA 6000
Unbundled (per class):
- General: $590
- Alumni, students and staff: $540
Bundled (entire series):
- General: $2,600
- Alumni, students and staff: $2,350
- Purchase as a group of five or more (general rate with discount): $2,450 per person
Includes a delicious morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea.
- Learn a process for surfacing, structuring and agreeing on project objectives (both within and across organisations e.g. joint ventures)
- Learn a process for identifying, modelling and leveraging distinctive assets and competencies available to a project
- Gain an understanding of project delivery partnerships and the use of multiple delivery centres for project execution.
- Project managers, particularly those with multiple stakeholders
- Project sponsors
|9:00am – 10:30am|
Welcome and introduction
Francis Norman and Fran Ackermann
Determining and aligning project objectives
|10:30am – 11:00am||Morning tea|
|11:00am – 12:30pm||Identifying and modelling distinctive competences and assets for project success||Fran Ackermann|
|12:30pm – 1:15pm||Lunch|
|1:15pm – 2:30pm||Case study based exercise||Francis Norman|
|2:30pm – 3:00pm||Afternoon tea|
|3:00pm – 4:30pm|
Reflection on Case study application
Fran Ackermann and Francis Norman
Project masterclass series
This Masterclass is part of our project management masterclass series
The project management masterclass series comprises five one-day masterclasses into one program. It will expand your knowledge and skills in project management, so you can take the next step in your career.
Delivered in October and November, the series includes: