Part of the Project Management Masterclass Series
“The project stakeholder is sine qua non for the measuring of project success……To ensure a successful project, the project team must identify and engage all stakeholders, determine their requirements and expectation and manage their influence in relation to their requirements.”
(Buertey, Amofa and Atsrim, 2016)
Proactively working to ensure effective stakeholder identification and engagement increases the chances of bringing the project in on time and budget.
This Masterclass in stakeholder best practice teaches you how to identify stakeholders and introduces you to a proven method for effective stakeholder management to drive business success.
This highly practical program is taught by Professor Fran Ackermann, an internationally recognised researcher and teacher in the field of business strategy.
This program has now concluded. If you are interested in attending future sessions, please submit an expression of interest to our team.
Unbundled (per class):
- General: $590
- Alumni, students and staff: $540
Bundled (entire series):
- General: $2,600
- Alumni, students and staff: $2,350
- Purchase as a group of five or more (general rate with discount): $2,450 per person
Includes a delicious morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea.
This masterclass offers you the rare opportunity to learn from targeted case studies and provides you with a clear plan to get positive outcomes from your stakeholders.
- Come away from the day with tools and techniques to identify your stakeholders and manage them effectively
- Come away from the day with the beginning of your stakeholder management plan. You will produce a map of your stakeholders, revealing the breadth of stakeholders, their relationships and effective management options.
- understand the need for stakeholder management in today’s global world – both those within and external to your organisation.
- recognise that active stakeholder management will increase your organisation’s chance of strategic success
- gain competency in key tools and techniques to support stakeholder identification and management
- identify and assess the impact of formal and informal relationships between stakeholders
- apply a systematic process for the management of stakeholders and produce a ‘map’ revealing the breadth of stakeholders, their relationships and management options
- learn to design effective stakeholder collaborations and acquire specific methods and frameworks for partner selection and management
- Understand that:
- there are competing demands made by stakeholders
- stakeholders view the world through many different lenses i.e. have different interests informed by their goals
- stakeholders have varying levels and forms of power.
This program is ideal for middle and senior managers and executives from the private or public sector who are responsible for collaboration and making decisions about alliances and partnerships, including:
Stakeholder Managers, Engagement Specialists, Marketing Managers, Business Development, Team Leaders, Project Managers across the private, public and not for profit sectors.
It is also suitable if you’re interested in building on your existing knowledge of strategy and/or managing projects effectively.
|9am||Welcome & overview of the day|
|9am to 10.30am||Introduction to the benefits of effective stakeholder management
Surfacing and categorising stakeholders
|10.30 am to 11.00am||Networking morning tea|
|11.00am to 12.30pm||Detecting, capitalising and managing stakeholder relationships – Going beyond the superficial understanding|
|12.30pm to 1.15pm||Networking lunch|
|1.15pm to 2.30pm||Building an in-depth understanding of key stakeholders – What are their ‘lenses’, sanctions and support mechanisms|
|2.30pm to 3.00pm||Networking afternoon tea|
|3.00pm to 4.30pm||Designing action packages to manage stakeholders
Reflection on the dynamic behaviour of stakeholders
- Strategic Management of Stakeholders: Theory and Practice, Fran Ackermann and Colin Eden
Project masterclass series
This Masterclass is part of our project management masterclass series
The project management masterclass series comprises five one-day masterclasses into one program. It will expand your knowledge and skills in project management, so you can take the next step in your career.
Delivered in October and November, the series includes: