Being a better client
Part of the Project Management Masterclass Series
Many organisations are turning to external vendors to help them deliver projects. Any time an organisation outsources something they don’t have the in-house skills to deliver, they become a client. A good client-vendor relationship can be the difference between the project being a success or a failure.
This masterclass will teach you what it means to be a good client and how your interactions with vendors can help ensure your project’s success. You’ll learn from Associate Professor Brad Carey, drawing insights from research, real life case studies and best practice examples. By the end of this class, you’ll know how to improve internal project management processes to achieve the best value on your projects.
Dates Wednesday 28 July
Time: 9am – 4.30pm
Location: Curtin 137 St Georges Terrace, Perth WA 6000
Unbundled (per class):
- General: $590
- Alumni, students and staff: $540
Bundled (entire series):
- General: $2,600
- Alumni, students and staff: $2,350
- Purchase as a group of five or more (general rate with discount): $2,450 per person
Includes a delicious morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea.
- Understand the importance of the client’s role in projects
- Learn how to reduce risk on projects by improving procurement and project management processes
- Learn to write better requests for proposals/quotations, leading to more successful projects
- Learn to identify experts and utilise their expertise
- Learn to improve reporting and communication processes, dramatically reducing administrative work
- Appreciate the value created in the project chain, rather than just focusing on price.
- Anyone in the public or private sector who works on projects involving collaboration between multiple organisations.
- Anyone involved in the procurement of goods and services, or management of subcontractors and suppliers.
- Owners and managers of small businesses in project-centric industries, such as construction, engineering, IT, etc.
- Middle and senior executives responsible for improving project management processes and practices.
- Professionals working in a project management office
- Project management consultants.
|9:00am – 10:30am||Understanding the client’s role||Brad Carey|
|10:30am – 11:00am||Morning tea|
|11:00am – 12:30pm||Valuing solutions over specifications||Brad Carey|
|12:30pm – 1:15pm||Lunch|
|1:15pm – 2:30pm||Preparing better RFP/RFQs||Brad Carey|
|2:30pm – 3:00pm||Afternoon tea|
|3:00pm – 4:30pm||Delivering benefits through best value PM||Brad Carey|
Project masterclass series
This Masterclass is part of our project management masterclass series
The project management masterclass series comprises five one-day masterclasses into one program. It will expand your knowledge and skills in project management, so you can take the next step in your career.
Delivered in October and November, the series includes: