Marketing that Matters
An MBA and Executive Education five-day Masterclass
Marketing is more than sales – it’s embedded in the very DNA of the organisation. A great marketer helps organisations keep their finger on the pulse for trends and changes, while assuring the long-term viability of business investments and company growth.
This five-day intensive Curtin University MBA unit and Executive Education program provides an overview on the art and science of marketing. It covers practical skills you can use in your own business or place of employment.
By attending this program, you will learn the fundamentals of marketing and be able to build and successfully implement an impactful marketing strategy to help grow your business. The program will incorporate tourism and hospitality case studies that reflect the current state of play in local businesses.
Dates: 26 – 30 October 2020
Time: 9am – 4:30pm daily
Location: Pilbara Universities Centre – Level 1, the Quarter, 20 Sharpe Ave, Karratha 6714 (map)
Curtin alumni, current students and staff: $2,850
Cost includes morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea.
- In the event that Curtin University cancels this program due to COVID-19 restrictions, a full refund will be provided.
- If you cancel your registration 7 days or more prior to the program, you will receive a full refund.
- Cancellations made 6 days or less prior to the start of the program, will receive a credit to another Executive Education program – a full refund will not be provided.
- We will provide regular updates of the program’s status of the program in the lead up to the event.
In this program you will:
- gain knowledge of key marketing frameworks to inform practice and decision making
- practise skills needed to develop a basic marketing plan
- learn how to create, analyse and evaluate strategic marketing initiatives and make recommendations in the marketplace.
This masterclass is open to existing Curtin MBA students as an intensive unit, and is also beneficial to employees and business owners wishing to learn the fundamentals of marketing for consumer and business decision making.
There is value in the program for those who want to grow their own small business, or those work in the public, private or not-for-profit sectors.
It is also suitable to both business-to-business and business-to-consumer facing businesses.
- Day 1 – Understanding the creation of value for consumers and strategic customer relationships. Key concepts covered will include: marketing planning, processes and marketing management decisions.
- Day 2 – Analysing the market and understanding buyer behaviour to create offerings that have value for both the brand and consumer. Key concepts covered will include: market segmentation, positioning and differentiation strategies.
- Day 3 – The development, management and pricing of products, services and brands in a time of rapid innovation. Key concepts covered will include: price setting and adjustment strategies, product decisions and lifecycle management.
- Day 4 – The distribution and promotion of products and services to provide and communicate value to consumers. Key concepts covered will include: supply chains and channel selection decisions; and the key direct and indirect promotional marketing tools, such as social media, advertising and sales promotion tools and strategies.
- Day 5 – The final day will conclude with a review of the sustainable future of marketing and interactive presentations to conclude the masterclass.
Resources will be provided prior and during the program. We recommend you bring your laptop for the best experience.
Credit toward completion of the Curtin MBA is available to those who have completed the intensive program and a short assessment. You must complete all five days of the program and the assessment to obtain this credit.
Please speak to the Curtin MBA team for further details by emailing: email@example.com
Please contact us if you have any further questions about the program:
Telephone: +61 8 9266 4555