Digital Storytelling and Reputation Management
Part of the CBS Executive Education Masterclass Series
The digital landscape is fast-paced and continually changing. It is a challenging and exciting environment in which to work, with unique opportunities for communicators to build and safeguard an organisation’s profile, brand and reputation.
This masterclass is facilitated by communication experts Bridget Tombleson and Dr Katharina Wolf and draws on insights from research, real life case studies and best practice examples. You will gain deeper insights through practical, hands-on sessions, drawing on recent case studies and best practice examples. The content is split into two sessions:
Digital storytelling (Morning Session): Digital storytelling exposes participants to the ancient art of storytelling, emphasising hands-on co-creative methods in value creation for stakeholders. The focus of this workshop is on storytelling as a deliberate, strategic communication strategy, covering a range of digital narratives across multi-media platforms. It highlights the increased need for communicators to become content curators, equipped to construct meanings from audiences who have now become content creators in their own right, and hence to foster an authentic participatory environment.
Reputation Management in a Digital World (Afternoon session): The afternoon session emphasises the benefits of building a strong participatory culture across platforms, including blogs, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat. This session touches on ethical considerations in the context of digital communication and reputation management.
Date: Wednesday 23 October 2019
Time: 9am – 4:30pm
Where: Curtin 137 St Georges Terrace, Perth (map)
Curtin Staff/ Alumni / Current students: $479
Inclusive of a delicious morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea.
Digital Engagement series:
This Masterclass is part of our digital engagement masterclass series – if you take all 5 sessions of the series, you will save $350
Total cost for series (5 Masterclasses):
Curtin Staff/Alumni/Current Students: $2,045
This program is highly interactive and will require participants to bring their own laptop/iPad.
- Learn about the evolution of digital storytelling and narratives of successful storytellers
- Delve deeper into why participatory culture has created the perfect environment for digital storytelling and helps organisations protect their brand
- Understand how using a transmedia storytelling framework can help your brand create a robust content strategy that encourages audiences to delve deeper
- Understand brand narrative and authenticity and apply the 7 elements of digital storytelling to your brand to tell stories across multiple platforms
- Learn about the implications of the digital environment on reputation management and how you can monitor your brand
This masterclass will suit communication and marketing professionals across all sectors, including corporate, small business, not for profit, local government and consultancy.
|9am - 12pm||Digital storytelling workshop||Bridget Tombleson and Dr Katharina Wolf|
|12pm - 1pm||Lunch break|
|1pm - 4pm||Reputation management in a digital world||Dr Katharina Wolf and Bridget Tombleson|
Register for this program
This Masterclass is part of our digital engagement masterclass series
The digital engagement masterclass series combines five one-day masterclasses into one program that will bring you up to speed with everything a digital marketing professional needs to succeed in the global marketplace.
Delivered in September and October, the series includes:
- Digital Marketing and Content Creation
- E-Commerce and Social Media Marketing for the Chinese Market
- Digital User Experience Design: Designing for Humans
- Digital User Experience Design: Prototyping and Iterating
- Digital Storytelling and Reputation Management
If you take all 5 sessions of the series, the total cost will be $2,295, or $2,045 for Curtin Staff/Alumni/Current Students, providing you with a saving of $350!
Note: To register for the series, please select the “Combined Workshops” option when making your booking.