Digital Marketing and Content Creation
Part of the CBS Executive Education Masterclass Series
In this era of digital disruption, companies are increasingly focused on digital marketing, creating heightened demand for digital marketing specialists. In our Digital Marketing and Content Creation masterclass you will explore potential platforms and means for content dissemination and identify potential opportunities for maximizing content.
This masterclass is facilitated by leading Curtin academics and researchers Dr Billy Sung and Min Teah and draws on insights from research, real life case studies and best practice examples. You will expand your understanding of content creation and communication, and identify digital marketing opportunities through SEO, website design, Google AdWords and social media advertising.
Date: Wednesday 25 September 2019
Time: 9am – 4:30pm
Where: Curtin 137 St Georges Terrace, Perth (map)
Curtin Staff/ Alumni / Current students: $479
This Masterclass is part of our digital engagement masterclass series – if you take all 5 sessions of the series, the total cost will be $2,295, or $2,045 for Curtin Staff/Alumni/Current Students (a discount of $350)
Inclusive of a delicious morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea.
This program is highly interactive and will require participants to bring their own laptop/iPad.
- Understand the importance and role of brand in content creation
- Understand how to plan and create content for an audience through social listening (e.g. Social Studio)
- Create a basic content strategy and communication plan
- Understand and apply the basics of search marketing (e.g., Search Engine Optimisation and Google AdWords) and social media advertising (e.g., Facebook Ads)
- Appreciate the use of data and analytics to inform digital marketing strategies
- Owners and managers of SMEs in the area of consumer goods and services, hospitality, tourism, or fruit and food industry.
- Middle and senior executives working in marketing, advertising, branding, market research, or product development in different business sectors who want to develop their practical understanding of digital marketing
|8.30 - 9.30am||Brand Concept and Communication||Identifying key brand values and concepts as foundations for content creation and communication|
|9.30 - 10.15am||Planning for your Audience||Understanding who is your audience – Social Studio|
|10.15 - 10.30am||Networking morning tea|
|10.30 - 11.30am||Planning your Content||Understanding how to create a content strategy. Brainstorming and activity on creating a content strategy.|
|11.30am - 12.00pm||Crafting, Creating and Maximizing Content||Explore potential platforms and means for content dissemination. Identify potential opportunities for maximizing content.|
|12.00 - 1.00pm||Networking lunch|
|1.00 – 2.00pm||Search Engine Optimisation and Website Design||Explore the basics of SEO and website design|
|2.00 – 2.30pm||Hands-on SEO exercise||Attendees will conduct a step-by-step SEO exercise for their own brand or company|
|2.30 – 3.00pm||Search Engine Marketing||Explore and discuss the use of search engine marketing tools such as Google AdWords with case studies|
|3.00 - 3.20pm||Networking afternoon tea|
|3.20 – 3.50pm||Social Media Advertising||Explore and discuss the use of social media advertising tools such as Facebook advertising with case studies|
|3.50 – 4.30||Digital Attribution and Funnelling||Practical application of tracking, attribution and funnelling technologies|
|4.30 – 4.45pm||Online Shopping Cart Abandonment||A quick overview of contemporary issues regarding online shopping cart abandonment|
|4.45 - 5pm||Wrap-Up|
Register for this program
This Masterclass is part of our digital engagement masterclass series
The digital engagement masterclass series combines five one-day masterclasses into one program that will bring you up to speed with everything a digital marketing professional needs to succeed in the global marketplace.
Delivered in September and October, the series includes:
- Digital Marketing and Content Creation
- E-Commerce and Social Media Marketing for the Chinese Market
- Digital User Experience Design: Designing for Humans
- Digital User Experience Design: Prototyping and Iterating
- Digital Storytelling and Reputation Management
If you take all 5 sessions of the series, the total cost will be $2,295, or $2,045 for Curtin Staff/Alumni/Current Students, providing you with a saving of $350!
Note: To register for the series, please select the “Combined Workshops” option when making your booking.