Blockchain: Hope or Hype?
A CBS Executive Education Masterclass
Blockchain technology is developing at breathtaking pace, and has the potential to disrupt normal practices in many fields, including accounting, finance, supply chain management and business logistics. Applications in blockchain technology are being developed across many sectors, and whilst some of these are likely to fail, others will flourish and cause great disruption in certain industries. It is vital for business leaders and managers to be aware of this threat to know how to successfully navigate these changes.
This masterclass introduces blockchain technology, looks at how a blockchain is built and implemented, and discusses the potential for blockchain to cause both disruption and advancement. You’ll learn how to strategise, navigate change and successfully turn blockchain technology into a business opportunity.
Date: Thursday, 23 May 2019 (This program has now concluded. If you are interested in attending future sessions, please submit an expression of interest to our team.)
Time: 9am – 4.30pm
Where: Curtin 137 St Georges Terrace, Perth
Curtin Alumni / Current students: $479
Inclusive of a delicious morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea.
Participants of this program will:
- Gain an understanding of disruptive technologies that have affected businesses over the last three decades.
- Learn of the consequences of not recognizing the threat of disruption in a timely manner, and business strategies to successfully manoeuvre disruptive changes.
- Receive an overview of blockchain and how it works, including the key characteristics of blockchain.
- Leave with an understanding of when the use of blockchain technology is appropriate, as well as study examples of applications for blockchain technology.
This program is suitable for mid to senior level management executives responsible for business strategy, accounting, finance and operations. It is also for entrepreneurs or early career professionals wishing to know more about blockchain technology and the business opportunities it presents.
|9am||Welcome & overview of the day - Danelle Cross, CBS Executive Education|
|9am to 10.30am||Disruptive technology: Why should we take it seriously|
|10.30 am to 11.00am||Networking morning tea|
|11.00am to 12.30pm||Basics of Blockchain;
Building a Blockchain
|12.30pm to 1.15pm||Networking lunch|
|1.15pm to 2.30pm||State of Art in Blockchain: Use cases being developed|
|2.30pm to 3.00pm||Networking afternoon tea|
|3.00pm to 4.30pm||Business Opportunities of Blockchain in WA Economy and Businesses
- Innovator’s Dilemma by Clayton Christensen
Express your interest
This program has now concluded. If you are interested in attending future sessions, please submit an expression of interest to our team.