Ignition is an intensive, three day training program for aspiring entrepreneurs, academics and corporate innovators to trial and then prepare business ideas for the commercial environment.
Ignition comprises of practical teaching sessions, expert panels, mentor sessions and experienced advice and support from leading entrepreneurs and innovators. It will give you the tools, contacts and confidence to transform your idea into a successful business venture.
Our renowned Curtin Ignition program ran in Singapore for the first time in 2019.
During Ignition Singapore, participants learnt from and were mentored by global experts.
Joining us for the 2019 Ignition Singapore program were two globally recognised start-up gurus:
|Bill Tai, a venture capitalist since 1991 and originally trained as a chip designer. Bill co-founded Treasure Data as Chairman, is a Board Member of Bitfury, Board Chairman of Hut8 Mining and was among the first investors in Canva, Color Genomics, Safety Culture, Tweetdeck/Twitter, Voxer, Wish.com and Zoom video.|
|Paul Herz is CEO of Oblate Optics and former Director, Product Operations at Facebook. Paul is a skilled operations executive and board member with over twenty year’s experience bringing transformational products to market. Paul has global experience with expertise in operations, supply chain, strategic planning, building A+ teams, hands-on tactical execution and driving success in high growth environments.|
Bill Tai and Paul Herz are both Adjunct Professors of Curtin University and we were delighted to bring this global talent to upskill the entrepreneurs of Singapore during Curtin Ignition 2019.
The program is aimed at:
Founders of an early stage business and anyone with a specific idea for a new or improved product or service, and a passion for developing that idea into a real business proposition over three intensive days.
You might be:
- Thinking of starting a novel business;
- Currently employed or at home and looking to propel your idea;
- A student, graduate or academic considering your own venture;
- Owner, founder or senior manager of an existing business considering diversification of products and markets, or a new venture.
By the end of the program, you will have a business plan presentation and a clear way forward for your business idea.
You will also have:
- Learned how to explain your business opportunity in commercial terms;
- Learned a commercial approach in the development of innovative ideas;
- Learned how to identify good opportunities in a short period with minimal investment;
- Clarified your business idea and tested it within a high calibre and safe environment;
- Intensive thinking time to accelerate your ideas.
You will gain the inspiration, motivation and the tools required to commercialise your idea/innovation.
You will also:
- Develop key skills, to allow you to exploit new ideas in response to customer needs more effectively
- Make a network of contacts within the business community, the investor network and your peers on the program
- Increase your enthusiasm for your innovation, and gain the confidence to plan your next steps.
In order to maximise your investment, be prepared to commit three full days to this results focused program.
$1,500.00 SGD (GST free) per person is your financial investment
Your fee includes materials, mentoring, networking session, catering. This program is heavily subsidised by Curtin scholarship funding and the generosity of many people contributing their time. Without this support, your financial investment would be more than double the program fee.
Receive Curtin Academic Credit whilst working on your own start-up
Upon completion of the Curtin Ignition Program and related assessments, delegates will receive 25 credit points* (equivalent of 1 unit) in the MBA Global or the Curtin Masters of International Business at Curtin Singapore.
Express your interest
This program has now concluded. If you are interested in attending future sessions, please submit an expression of interest to our team.