Digital Marketing and Content Creation
Part of the CBS Executive Education Masterclass Series
In this era of digital disruption, companies are increasingly focused on digital marketing, creating heightened demand for digital marketing specialists. In our Digital Marketing and Content Creation masterclass you will explore potential platforms and means for content dissemination and identify potential opportunities for maximizing content.
This masterclass is facilitated by leading Curtin academics and researchers Dr Billy Sung and Min Teah and draws on insights from research, real life case studies and best practice examples. You will expand your understanding of content creation and communication, and identify digital marketing opportunities through SEO, website design, Google AdWords and social media advertising.
Date: Thursday 22 November 2018 (This program has now concluded. If you are interested in attending future sessions, please submit an expression of interest to our team.)
Time: 8.30am – 5pm
Where: Curtin Graduate School of Business, 78 Murray Street, Perth WA 6000
Cost: $429 which includes a delicious morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea.
For Curtin staff, students and alumni, the subsidised program cost is $399 – please provide your staff/student ID when registering
This workshop can be combined with Digital Storytelling and Reputation Management workshop for $799.
Note: Curtin MBA students will receive 10 professional portfolio points for attending this Masterclass
- Understand the importance and role of brand in content creation
- Understand how to plan and create content for an audience through social listening (e.g. Social Studio)
- Create a basic content strategy and communication plan
- Understand and apply the basics of search marketing (e.g., Search Engine Optimisation and Google AdWords) and social media advertising (e.g., Facebook Ads)
- Appreciate the use of data and analytics to inform digital marketing strategies
- Owners and managers of SMEs in the area of consumer goods and services, hospitality, tourism, or fruit and food industry.
- Middle and senior executives working in marketing, advertising, branding, market research, or product development in different business sectors who want to develop their practical understanding of digital marketing
|8.30 - 9.30am||Brand Concept and Communication||Identifying key brand values and concepts as foundations for content creation and communication|
|9.30 - 10.15am||Planning for your Audience||Understanding who is your audience – Social Studio|
|10.15 - 10.30am||Networking morning tea|
|10.30 - 11.30am||Planning your Content||Understanding how to create a content strategy. Brainstorming and activity on creating a content strategy.|
|11.30am - 12.00pm||Crafting, Creating and Maximizing Content||Explore potential platforms and means for content dissemination. Identify potential opportunities for maximizing content.|
|12.00 - 1.00pm||Networking lunch|
|1.00 – 2.00pm||Search Engine Optimisation and Website Design||Explore the basics of SEO and website design|
|2.00 – 2.30pm||Hands-on SEO exercise||Attendees will conduct a step-by-step SEO exercise for their own brand or company|
|2.30 – 3.00pm||Search Engine Marketing||Explore and discuss the use of search engine marketing tools such as Google AdWords with case studies|
|3.00 - 3.20pm||Networking afternoon tea|
|3.20 – 3.50pm||Social Media Advertising||Explore and discuss the use of social media advertising tools such as Facebook advertising with case studies|
|3.50 – 4.30||Digital Attribution and Funnelling||Practical application of tracking, attribution and funnelling technologies|
|4.30 – 4.45pm||Online Shopping Cart Abandonment||A quick overview of contemporary issues regarding online shopping cart abandonment|
|4.45 - 5pm||Wrap-Up|
Express your interest
This program has now concluded. If you are interested in attending future sessions, please submit an expression of interest to our team.