Career Sustainability: ‘Future-Proofing your Career’
Part of the CBS Executive Education Masterclass Series
‘By 2030, automation, globalisation and flexibility will change what we do in every job’ – Foundation for Young Australians (FYA), 2017
Just about everybody is talking about the ‘future of work’, how it will impact on work opportunities, job security and experiences. Which jobs will disappear and which jobs will be created?….but what about the future of careers? What will future careers look like?….
Addressing the needs of contemporary and future business professionals and leaders, Curtin Business School is leading the way in career sustainability research and practice. Drawing on the expertise of world class thought leaders in the field, we are pleased to announce the first in the CBS Executive Education Masterclass Series: Future-Proofing your Career. This inaugural program will feature Associate Professor Julia Richardson, an internationally recognized careers researcher and teacher in the field of human resource management.
Julia will be drawing on her recently published book– An Intelligent Career: Taking Ownership of your Work and your Life, to identify the key strategies for ‘future-proofing’ your career. The program will also feature guest speakers from industry, with essential insights into the changing nature of the global labour market.
Developing career sustainability is very personal and socially interactive process so this day is customised to your individual needs and aspirations. It also provides a direct opportunity to create diverse networks with our team of expert professionals.
Date: Thursday, June 14, 2018
Time: 8.30am – 5pm
Where: Curtin Graduate School of Business, 78 Murray Street, Perth
Program cost includes a copy of Julia Richardson’s book, An Intelligent Career: Taking Ownership of Your Work and Your Life, co-authored with Prof Michael Arthur (Boston) and Prof Svetlana Khapova (Amsterdam), as well as a delicious morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea.
During the day you will work with other business professionals seeking to enhance their own career sustainability through effective career transition.
- Finish the day with your own, individualised career sustainability and transition plan
- Learn about the key strategies for developing career sustainability
- Engage with the impact of the changing work arrangements and relationships on career opportunities and experiences
- Understand the principles of effective career transition
- Enhance your capacity to take responsibility for your own career while working effectively with others
- Understand the impact of social networks on career sustainability and career transition
- Hear from senior industry thought leaders on Career Sustainability, including the Group Director Adecco Group, Dr Margot Wood
- Learn from a high performing panel of ‘Career Transitioners’ – featuring Dr Marny Lishman (Panel host); Eamon Sullivan, Olympic Athlete turned successful restaurateur; Marc Berryman, engineer-entrepreneur and founder of Rhinohide and Lou Moxley who has made a significant career move from the armed forces to public relations.
If you are thinking about a career change, or simply looking to ensure the sustainability of your future career, this mini-conference is essential. Alternatively you might be a manager or leader looking to inspire others to develop their own career sustainability by taking charge of their professional development.
|8.30am||Welcome & overview of the day - Danelle Cross, CBS Executive Education|
|8.40am – 9.30am||The Future of Work & Careers - Andy Weir, CIO of Bankwest|
|9.30am – 10.30am||Participant Career Aspirations: Analysis, Results & Implications - Associate Professor Julia Richardson|
|10.30am – 11.00am||Networking morning tea|
|11.00am – 12.00pm||Career Sustainability in the 21st Century - Associate Professor Julia Richardson|
|12.00pm – 1.00pm||Networking lunch|
|1.00pm – 3.00pm||Intelligent Careers: A Pathway to Career Sustainability - Individualised career planning - Associate Professor Julia Richardson|
|3.00pm – 3.20pm||Networking afternoon tea|
|3.20pm – 4.00pm||Industry Insight: Career transitions, sustainability, agility - Dr Margot Wood, Group Director Capability Development, Adecco Group|
|4.00pm – 4.50pm||Career Transitions Panel - Featuring: Dr Marny Lishman (Panel host); Eamon Sullivan, Olympic Athlete to Successful Restaurateur; Lou Moxley, former armed forces to public relations specialist, and Marc Berryman, Engineer to Entrepreneur|
|4.50pm - 5.00pm||Wrap up - Danelle Cross, CBS Executive Education|
- Deloitte – The Future of the Workforce: Critical drivers and challenges
- Bankwest Curtin Economics Centre – Future of Work in Australia: Preparing for tomorrow’s world
- CSIRO’s Data61 – Tomorrow’s digitally enabled workforce
- FYA – The New Work Smarts: Thriving in the new work order