Ignition Perth will run from Sunday 25 to Friday 30 August 2019.
Applications for Ignition will open on 16 May 2019
Founders of an early stage business and anyone with an idea for a new or improved product or service, and a passion for developing that idea into a real business proposition over one intensive week.
You might be:
- Thinking of starting a novel business;
- Currently employed or at home and looking to propel your idea;
- Student, graduate or academic considering your own venture;
- Owner, founder or senior manager of an existing business considering diversification of products and markets, or a new venture.
By the end of the week, you will have a business plan presentation and a clear way forward for your business idea.
You will also have:
- Learned how to explain your business opportunity in commercial terms;
- Learned a commercial approach in the development of innovative ideas;
- Learned how to identify good opportunities in a short period with minimal investment;
- Clarified your business idea, and tested it within a high calibre and safe environment;
- Had a great week of thinking time to accelerate your ideas.
You will gain the inspiration, motivation and the tools required to commercialise your idea/innovation.
You will also:
- Develop key skills, to allow you to exploit new ideas in response to customer needs more effectively;
- Make a significant network of contacts within the business community, the investor network and your peers on the program;
- Increase your enthusiasm for your innovation, and gain the confidence to plan your next steps.
In order to maximise your investment, be prepared to commit one week to this intense and results focused program.
$3,250.00 (inc. GST) per person is your financial investment
Your fee includes materials, mentoring, networking sessions, buffet lunches, drinks and the final celebration dinner.
This program is heavily subsidised by Curtin scholarship funding, Ignition sponsors and the generosity of many people contributing their time. Without this support, your financial investment would be more than double the program fee.
A number of scholarships are available for the 2019 Ignition program in Perth, thanks to our sponsors and supporters.
These places are by competitive application, you can find the criteria for each scholarship below.
- Business News – allocated to the winner of the 2019 Rising Star award.
- City of Armadale
- City of Canning
- City of Subiaco
- City of Vincent
- City of Wanneroo
- Curtin Business School Indigenous Scholarship
- Department of Communities
- Department of Primary Industries and Regional Development, Western Australia
- The Town of Victoria Park
- Commercialisation Office at Curtin
- SPUR – Landgate
- University of Western Australia
Receive Curtin Academic Credit whilst working on your own start-up
Upon completion of the Curtin Ignition Program and related assessments, delegates will receive 25 credit points* (equivalent of 1 unit) in the Curtin MBA or the Curtin Masters of International Business and Entrepreneurship (MIBE).
Apply for Ignition Perth