Derek is an entrepreneur and investor in technology and social impact enterprises with over 20 years’ experience in the technology industry across Australia, the UK & US including roles with PwC and Barclays Bank.
He was the co-founder of the sustainability software company Greensense and since his successful exit has been a Startup Advocate, Entrepreneur-In-Residence, Investor, Board member and Advisor.
Derek’s current roles include:
– Entrepreneur in Residence at the RAC
– Fund Manager of BetterLabs $23m Venture Fund
– Entrepreneur in Residence of Spacecubed’s Plus Eight Accelerator
– Director Purpose Ventures – Social Impact investments
– Director Go Capital – Private Equity Tech investments (inc.Health Engine and iCetana)
– Chairman of Curve Tomorrow – digital health
– Chairman of Alyka – digital marketing
– Chairman of Meridian Global Foundation
– Curtin University Faculty of Business & Law Advisory Council
– Board roles with McCrindle, Complete Home Filtration, Space to Co