National Indigenous Business Summer School WA
The National Indigenous Business Summer School WA (NIBSSWA) is a free, fun, week-long residential program hosted at Curtin University’s Perth campus in January 2021.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students commencing Year 11 and 12 in 2021 are invited to apply!
At NIBSSWA 2021, you will:
- Meet like-minded new friends
- Experience campus life and stay in a residential college at Curtin University, Perth
- Learn about business from leading Indigenous entrepreneurs
- Participate in a dynamic social and cultural program
- Engage in a fun and creative business learning program with industry professionals and mentors
- Explore the range of options available through a business degree
- Dates: Sunday 17 – Friday 22 January 2021
- Camp location: Curtin University, Kent Street, Bentley WA 6102
- Residential location: Vickery House, 119 Hayman Road, Bentley WA 6102
- Program cost: All costs including travel, meals and accommodation are met by NIBSSWA
You are eligible to apply if you identify with your Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander culture and heritage and are:
- Completing Year 11 or 12 studies in 2021
- Interested in commerce or business
- Prepared to challenge yourself academically and personally in a supportive environment!
How to apply
- Complete the online application by 5pm, Mon 9 Nov 2020. The application has four parts: Your Information, Your Education/School Details, Your Goals and Supporting Documents. If you do not wish to apply online, you can request a printable application form.
- As part of your application, you need to provide a passport-sized colour photo, your most recent school report, and a teacher/school staff member’s letter of recommendation or support (max. 200 words).
- All applicants will be advised of the outcome by 5pm, Thu 26 Nov 2020.
Places are limited and selection is based on your application, school report and interest in business or commerce. All costs including travel, meals and accommodation are met by NIBSSWA.
If you, your Parent/Guardian or teacher have any questions, please contact:
Kat Clements, NIBSSWA 2021 Coordinator
08 9266 9904 | NIBSSWA@curtin.edu.au
NIBSSWA 2020 Photo Gallery
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you are absolutely eligible to apply if you live in regional Western Australia! All costs including travel, meals and accommodation are met by NIBSSWA.
As part of your application, you need to provide:
- A passport-sized colour photo
- Your most recent school report
- A teacher’s letter of recommendation/support (max. 200 words)
Make sure you get these documents ready before the application closing date (5pm Monday 9 Nov).
Applications close at 5pm, Monday 9 November.
You will be notified of the outcome of your application by 5pm, Thursday 26 November.
The NIBSSWA 2021 team will be in contact with you to offer you a place. We will email you a Letter to Parent(s)/Guardian(s) and forms to review, complete and sign. It is essential that these are signed and returned for us to confirm your place.
Spending money is optional but not essential – all costs including travel, meals and accommodation are met by NIBSSWA.
You will be supported and supervised by a group of university student mentors and NIBSS Camp Supervisors/House Parents throughout the camp.
I will be flying in. How will I get from the Perth airport to Curtin? How do I get from Curtin to the Perth airport?
NIBSSWA Supervisors will meet you at the Perth Airport and take you to Curtin University.
A packing list will be provided closer to the date.
With thanks to our NIBSSWA 2021 Sponsors:
NIBSSWA is an initiative of the Australian Business Deans Council in collaboration with Curtin University, Edith Cowan University, Murdoch University, The University of Notre Dame Australia and The University of Western Australia. In 2021, NIBSSWA will be hosted by Curtin University.
All universities respectfully acknowledge the lands on which this program is run, that of the Whadjuk people of the Nyungar nation and to all the nations that are part of the program across WA.